BY KARI OLFERT, THINKSASKATOON
Famoso is a Neapolitan Pizzaria located in the North-end of Saskatoon.
We walked in on a Thursday, we beat the lunch rush and were seated in a great spot immediately. The volume was pleasant, combination of conversations and tv’s, the smell was pizza inspired. I ordered the Spicy Thai because I like to try different things, it was both tasty and original; what I truly loved most was the taste and texture of the crust which is made with low gluten flour. (Disclaimer: I am not on any kind of gluten diet, but I do feel that this enhanced the texture of the crust.) My daughters both had the Kid’s special which included a cheese pizza, pop and gelato or sorbet.
As we waited for our food to arrive (under 15 minutes) the waiter asked if my girls would like to play with some dough, my answer to most things is yes. They brought a plate of warm pizza dough which kept my active daughter occupied.
We all enjoyed our pizza and my daughters went to pick out their desserts. I would highly recommend the Salted Caramel Gelato.
Overall Famoso is a GREAT lunch spot if you’re in the mood for pizza and in our North Industrial area. I would recommend going before 11:30 a.m. because after that the tables start to fill.
- The pizza is damn delicious, its fire roasted. They serve the most original pizzas that I have personally tried and the crust is outstanding.
- The service was exceptional, they were very attentive and visited our table at least 5 times to make sure everything was going well.
- Love the fact that it is located in the North end. This area needs more good restaurants and this is a great addition.
- They accommodate children. My kids begged me to take them to Famoso, they love pizza and HAD to go here. While we were waiting for our meals, they brought dough out for my kids to play with (and when they were done with it, I played with it…because dough is fun and who wouldn’t?!).
- Vino Wednesdays people! $10 off if you buy a bottle and $1 off a glass, what goes better with pizza? Other than beer, maybe. 😉
- The atmosphere is casual, I may be a biased Saskatoon person but I love to relax and casual provides a base for that.
Famoso Neapolitan Pizzaria
300 – 136 Primrose Drive, famoso.ca
Starters: $5-$18.50; Main Courses: $9-$15.25; Dessert: $5-$9; Kids: $6/$7.50-$12/$13.50
Open Sun.-Tues., 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Wed.-Thurs., 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.; Fri.-Sat., 11 a.m. to Midnight
Pizza, any and all pizza.
WOULD I GO BACK?
Yes, I want to try the Funghi Pizza.
Have you been to Famoso? What did you think?